Q is a Live Escape Experience (sometimes called an “Escape Room” or “Puzzle Room”)—you and your group must solve the various puzzles and overcome the challenges held inside in order to escape.
Q is an immersive game environment. It’s like a video game or board game, but you’re inside the game. It’s like a movie in which you and your team are the main characters, working together to solve the puzzles and escape! Below you’ll find general and Q specific answers to “the normal” escape room questions.
Our current escape experiences last 60 minutes maximum.
The actual games at Q are playable by almost anyone. Because of restrictions on the buildings themselves, getting to the basement may in some cases require special accommodations. Please email or call ahead of your session and Q staff will make all efforts to help players to the entrance.
- You book a time (visit our “Book Now” page)
- You arrive at least 20-25 minutes before your scheduled start time
- You sign the waivers, hear the rules, and get your prep briefing
- You put all your belongings in our lockers, have a bathroom trip perhaps, and get psyched up
- You’re locked in, and enjoy an awesome hour unlike any other you’ve experienced!
Q: The Live Escape Experience has 2 locations:
Loveland – 333 E 4th Street, Loveland, CO 80537.
Greeley – 810 9th St, Greeley, CO 80631
For specific information about our entrances and parking, please see our map.
Only in that you are trapped in a room and must use your brain to escape. So far physical violence, maiming, torture of any kind, and threats against your family violate our safety codes.
Yes! But: We have monitored security cameras and panic bars that override the locks in case of an emergency.
Some of the rooms may be based on somewhat scary themes, but the game itself is not really scary. Creepy at times, and there are some surprises! But not scary.
Sure! If the slot is open you can book up to two hours in advance.
No! It’s much less dangerous than skateboarding or riding a bike, but we’re a business and we have to protect ourselves. We live in a country where people sue McDonald’s because they spill hot coffee from McDonald’s on themselves while driving, so we have to have a waiver.
No. Your deductive reasoning, critical thinking, creative thinking, and puzzle solving abilities will be challenged, but everything you need to escape is in the room. Somewhere….
Definitely! The rooms are very, very different in every way—the environment, the theme, the kinds of challenges involved, and the kinds of teamwork needed to succeed.
We recommend online booking. We will also accommodate booking by phone during business hours. In either case, we accept all major credit and debit cards. (Sorry, no cash or checks.)
Your body (so we have something to trap) and your brain (so you have something to help you escape) are the only things you’ll really need. We recommend clothes you’ll be comfortable (and decent) in, even if you end up kneeling or crawling about, and comfortable shoes. The games involve some reading, so bring your reading glasses if you need them!
Nope, sorry!—there are no cameras, phones, or any similar gadgets allowed inside the rooms. Besides, you wouldn’t want to spoil the experience for everyone when your “call from Mom” ringtone goes off, would you?! We’ll take your picture when you escape and you can post it on Facebook.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you are going to be late. We will try to accommodate, but based on our group reservation schedule and the lead time needed for group arrangements, we are cannot guarantee that we can hold your time if you are not present at your scheduled Arrival Time, which is 20 minutes before your scheduled reservation.
Absolutely! If you do not manage to escape, you will be given the option of learning the solutions or having the secrets of the room remain a mystery so you can try again.
Yes! We are flexible about how often we add a new experience, but we always have new ideas in the works. You can expect a new Escape Experience to try every 6 months or so. Sign up for our Contact List and you’ll be the first to hear about new rooms as we unveil them!
Corporate Team Building Questions
Corporate Team Building
A well-designed escape room is a great combination of a fun work activity and invaluable team exercise requiring creative thinking, good communication, and efficiency under time pressure. Spending an hour in a well-designed Escape Room is not only entertaining for the team—it’s one of the most productive hours your team will spend developing critical workplace skills they’ll carry with them to the office every day.
Q Experiences emphasize “web logic,” which presents multiple paths that allow groups to work through puzzles in non-sequential order and devise creative ways to solve problems. Our Experiences are designed to offer flexibility in the way groups organize themselves, work together, and solve problems using different learning styles and types of intelligence. Colleagues that play Q Experiences together are certain to learn a great deal about how they function as a team and take those lessons back to the workplace, not to mention the great bonding experience they will have had together!
Some of our features and options:
- CONFERENCE ROOM WITH FOOD AND DRINK – Our Greeley location features a Conference Room so you can have a post-game discussion over snacks and beverages. Or you can have a full catered lunch on site.
- CUSTOM TEAM-BUILDING OPTIONS – Contact us to discuss your custom corporate experience. We will work with you to make sure your Experience is a unique special event that your group will not soon forget.
- FACILITATED DEBRIEF – Q offers a unique corporate package featuring a facilitated debrief led by a professional psychotherapist to help your team process their experience and get the most benefit from it. Or we can provide our debrief guide designed by professional psychotherapists to help you discuss your experience on your own.
- EXTRA LARGE- CAPACITY ROOM – Area Q is the largest escape room in sq ft in Colorado and one of the largest in the United States. It is designed for 8 to 12 players and can accommodate up to 14 upon request, perfect for midsize groups that want to share the same experience. Using both rooms, our capacity is approximately 20 at a time at either the Loveland or Greeley locations. (This means up to 40 can participate in just over 2 hours, or 60 in just over 3 hours.) Divide your team in half and set up a friendly competition, compete one department against another, or see how your company team stacks up against other corporate teams on our leaderboards!
- AVAILABLE ANY TIME – We can usually accommodate any requests for specific time. (At least 2 weeks’ notice gives us the best chance to accommodate requests for special times.)
- Enjoy games or puzzles of any kind
- Enjoy an immersive, theatrical, interactive environment
- Like to tackle a challenge with a group of friends or coworkers
You will have the time of your life!
Groups of friends, families, church groups, coworkers, or probably even complete strangers will enjoy this unique entertainment experience! It’s great fun, and if you can’t get out of the room on your own, we’ll let you out so you can resume your normal life. We promise.